Thursday, April 30, 2009

My flower bed in an old foundation


This was a mess, there was an old greenhouse/shed there and it was full of junk and broken glass. I couldn't get that damn foundation out, so, I planted in it. There's no soil in the front, it was built on gravel, so I added some compost and a chopped up stump and a ton of Marigold seeds I'd saved from last year. I figure Marigolds will grow in anything. Those Petunia's are silly, but, they mark it so Alissa won't walk in it..hopefully. She loves playing in the birdbath.
*
In the back there's lots of nice dirt. Those aren't weeds, they're Daisy's I transplanted last fall. And a bunch of Zinna seeds. Free of course. And some Hollyhocks I found. Hmm, I'll find more stuff later. Anyway, this is the start of a flower and herb garden. I need to mow again. Sigh.

1 comment:

crystal said...

it will be a lovely garden I am sure DD. I can just see it now with the fountain in the middle of such colour