Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nice evening....sort of


It's nice at night...I can't bitch about the flowers, that's for sure. That old ugly shed foundation is no longer an eyesore and looks like it was always a flower bed. I can't claim the night as my own right now, because of the weather and the Fourth Of July coming up, everyone and their multitudes of dogs are out there. They're drinking and fighting and having barbeque's, and kid parties with trampolines and firecrackers. There's a constant party in the streets. I might as well suck it up and let them have their fun. I hate to say it, but, I wish it would storm. Then they'd let me have some peace. Ah well, it will be over soon and they will return to their TV sets and let me have the night back.

7 comments:

valle said...

this is not at all a smart ass question so please don't take it as such. Living where you do , have you ever gotten to see the ocean?

Corina said...

here not even lightening will stop the all night partying lol

gardenhoe said...

I was born in LA and have traveled all over the US..so, yeah, I've seen the oceans. Love them. :)


Ahhg! I am not a party person amymore, but, I remember when I was, so I suck it up.

Unknown said...

You sound like my mom wishing for a storm, LOL!! It's like that in Ecuador when New Year's eve approaches, people make this big figures made out of wood and paper, or old clothing stuffed with wood shavings, stuff them some more with scary home made explosives and burn them to receive the new year at midnight. My mom ALWAYS wishes for rain, she hates all the noise and the smoke. I'm not kidding, it's like WW3 going on there on the streets. It's actually a lot of fun, but I ten to stay away. People are stupid and have lost fingers, hands and limbs because of the homemade explosives.

Anonymous said...

I want to sit there & have morning coffee too. Nothing I like better than sitting in my garden on my swing and have coffe. We live out in the country and my gardens face the front yard so it stinks when i am in my jammies and a car goes by but thats not too often. I dont care anyway. Its my garden, my coffee, they can get their own! And the dog poop bugs me too. We have a nice little dog, I sent you pics of her in my garden last week. But as soon as she does that, I am right behind her with the scoop. If you dont do that, you will forget where they did it. It goes straight into the field far away from my house everytime! I am really on it. So, I got what you mean.

valle said...

wow,i do need for you to write a bio book so I can hear the whole story of you.would def buy it!

Anonymous said...

What a great spot you made for yourself Pat. Keep sprucing up the place and they'll kick you out of the state. Show off.

Jarhead