Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dysfunctional fun



Lissa just got her first spanking from her great grandma. The old lady was chasing her up the driveway, hell bent on beating the kid's ass. Mad as a wet hen. When she finally caught up with her she administered several half hearted smacks on the thigh while Lissa kicked her in the face. The smacking wasn't enough to bend a fern frond, but, it hurt her dignity. Apparently, Lissa ran off and went into a busy street by herself while mom was walking the dog, thus the commotion. Lissa says Tuwella (my mom) is not the boss of her and she's not in charge. Mom's still stewing. I told Lis to buck up, that old lady used to switch my legs 'till they bled. So knock off the crying.
*
Lis was so mad, she cried until she puked and I had to hose off the patio. I told her, look, you can get up to all kinds of mischief on our property, I can tell you ways to drive that old lady over the brink. But, you can not, ever, go out into the street by yourself. Deal? She thought it over and agreed. I gave her a carton of salt to go kill slugs with.
*
I've told Lissa's mom over and over, do not leave that child here with my mom (and aunt). I have to work today. Still, she does it, because Lissa is trouble and everyone needs a break from her or lose their mind. I can relate. But, the goofy old lady's babysitting skills are non existent. Will I have to change my work schedule or hire a babysitter for a kid I didn't give birth to? Mom does not understand that I am not Alissa's mother and she expects me to say thank you for babysitting when I didn't ask her to. I wouldn't ask her to, because she's nuts. Have you ever heard of anything more dysfunctional? Lis cracks me up though. On the way home I'm going to buy her a nice present. Just because. Sic 'em, Lissy. I hope you drive them right over a high cliff. See you all tomorrow, I'm late for work.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That top pic is classic. Not sure if it's the hoody or the tongue. All I see in that is rebel. And attitude. And I love it!

crystal said...

oh yeah Lissa is telling everyone where to go without words lol.

lmao when you talked to her and then gave her salt to put on the slugs -- can just see lissa calling each slug her grandmother and watching it strivel up and get hurt lol. -- ok I know she doesn't wish anyone maned, but you know what I mean lol.

grat pic's but she sure is growing up. Each time you post I see such a difference in her.

Oh the trials of kids & grandchildren. Your suppose to go to work and not have to worry about home stuff and worrying about mom's and your own grandmother is entirely not solvable cuz of who they are lol.

Glad you spoke to her about being on the street.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! go Lissa!!
I love kids with a bit of spunk!
AND i love hearing about your 'crazy' mum....
Liz from NZ xoxoxox

PeggyAnn said...

NOW I understand what you were saying!

Anonymous said...

Well, she had it coming, sorry Lis!!!
Hey!, where is Crabbie? Is he doing anything online? I haven't seen any comments on here from him. I think we all miss him. I hope you 2 ended things on good terms.

Pat/Disher said...

Gaaaaaa! See why I was in such a good mood at work, Peg? I was so happy to be there.

Crabbie is at crabbie's Hollywood the reboot.

Pat/disher said...

Yeah, it was wrong that she went in the street. She knows better. But, you can't lay down the law to this kid, that's not how she works.

Pat said...

Crystal, you totally got it. This shit is crazy and there's no solution.

Ome Omy said...

Lis was so mad, she cried until she puked and I had to hose off the patio. I told her, look, you can get up to all kinds of mischief on our property, I can tell you ways to drive that old lady over the brink. But, you can not, ever, go out into the street by yourself. Deal? She thought it over and agreed. I gave her a carton of salt to go kill slugs with.
___
DD, I love that! LMAO...those kids w/'tude seem to become very independant, capable adults! I have 3 of 'em (all grown, thank heavens)

gardenhoe said...

They can drive you insane. But, hey, that's kind of their job.

Dylan Weeks said...

Thanks for a great readd