Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds gardens


When Julian Lennon was little he brought home that drawing and when his father asked him what it was, he told him it was his friend Lucy, in the sky, with Diamonds. So, John Lennon's famous song was never about drugs, it was about a little boy who loved a little girl, named Lucy.
*
Now, the real Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Lucy Vodden is 46 and she's sick. She has Lupus. But, her childhood friend hasn't forgotten her. Even though Julian lives in France now, when he heard Lucy was sick he started sending her vouchers for plants. Lucy loves to garden. It's one of the few things that brings her pleasure.
*
"I wasn't sure at first how to approach her. I wanted at least to get a note to her," Julian Lennon told The Associated Press. "Then I heard she had a great love of gardening, and I thought I'd help with something she's passionate about, and I love gardening too. I wanted to do something to put a smile on her face."
*
I thought it was a nice story. The love of gardening brings old friends together, and he never forgot her. It's so sweet. I wonder if she really has kaleidoscope eyes? Get well, Lucy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melody overload.

mich said...

That is such a sweet story.

Eric in San Diego said...

He has his father's compassion...what a gift. I'm thinking happy thoughts for her!

Pat said...

I think John really did have a lot of compassion, 'specially after he got older. Too bad he never got to be very old. Both his sons seem very sweet.

TVsnarkalot said...

What a wonderful story!
I have a John Lennon portrait in my living room.

All we are saying . . .

crystal said...

loved the story Pat and I never did quite believe this LSD crap ever.

Anonymous said...

I read that story this morning and thought it so cute....
N.