Friday, June 19, 2009

Somebody pooped in the cookies

This is nice..Nestle is recalling a bunch of cookie dough because it's contaminated with E. coli bacteria. The company basically said it's our own fault if we get sick because it says right on their package that raw cookie dough should not be eaten. Yeah, who doesn't eat raw cookie dough? Cookie dough is way better than cookies and everyone eats it. If it isn't meant to be eaten, then why did someone invent cookie dough ice cream? They also say they don't recommend cooking it because even though that would make the cookies okay, you'd get E. coli on your hands and counter tops. Thanks Nestle! We're glad you care about us! Now, tell me how some nastiness that comes from the lower intestine got in your cookie dough to begin with? I'd really like an answer to that question. You are fecally contaminated, you should put that in your Toll House commercials. Umm, yummy.

Click HERE to find out if you bought any of this...shit.

9 comments:

shmedelle said...

Thanks. Suddenly I've lost my sweet tooth. Actually, now that I think about it, I should stick pics of feces on my fridge. That could help my dieting efforts. Maybe Kate Gosselin could send me some ripe shit pics...I know she must have a file full of them. Prob called PoopPics2006.

Anonymous said...

Um. I'm usually 100% behind you. But on this one? Not so much.
Do you really not know?

Anonymous said...

The reason you're not supposed to eat raw dough is the possibility of salmonella from the raw eggs. However....

Most cookie dough companies don't use raw eggs, they use all kinds of processed substitutes. As far as I could ascertain, the salmonella only exists on the shell unless there's a crack in the shell. It comes from chicken poop and who knows where it came from before that?

Eric in San Diego said...

Nestle Toll House Cookies...they're CRAPTACULAR!!

This is why we bake 'em from scratch...

Hi Pat!

Pat said...

"Do you really not know?"

I don't think THEY know and that's the problem,isn't it? That's a f'ing food product. I don't think food should have anything in it but FOOD. Call me crazy.

Pat said...

Hi Eric! I'm so glad to see you here. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wise GardenHoe...you are one of the least crazy people I "know".

Coyote said...

I worked, last year and a couple of years before that, as a cashier in a large chain grocery store. In the break/punch-in room there was an employee bathroom. I'd say 95% of people using that bathroom never washed their hands. Some worked in produce, some in the bakery, some checkers, baggers--there's not any of your food that is not a target for fecal matter. I know my eyes were opened--some of the things that go on are disgusting.

There's no way to get away from the problem. When there has to be a sign in a bathroom that all employees must wash their hands before returning to work, you're in trouble.

As if that isn't enough, customers come in with their dirty hands and touch the food you're going to eat.

Washing our hands and teaching our kids to wash their hands before and after eating was something we didn't have to think about--it was just a natural thing to do.

Pat said...

Yuk. I've worked in food service too and some places made me want to wait to get home and eat. Some people are just dirty and they don't care.