Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zinnia's



The Zinnia's have been piddling for weeks and now they are finally opening in mass. They are the fourth of July flower and they look like fireworks. There's so many colors and shapes. Every day now, I get a surprise from them. And it's nice to be able to show you what I see. Zinnia's are so showy, yet, so easy to grow, they can make any fool look like an expert gardener. I have to remember to water them from the bottom though. Other flowers like a good shower, but, Zinnia's don't. They can get moldy from being wet. Other than that, I think they're unstoppable. This variety is called California Giants. Pretty, huu? They'll continue to bloom vigorously until the first frost.

3 comments:

Pat said...

It is! Zinnia's don't need any extra fetilizer, and they didn't get any. Nothing did this year. Zinnia's will grown anywhere. And I have to say, I am astounded at the garden this year. It's all amazing. Iowa is having a butt kick weather year for gardening.

Blogger is still fucking with me though.

Nina said...

Ahhhh, my posie, patrol, payoff for the day!! We're having so much rain and clouds even the dandilions are fading...

Pat said...

Sorry to hear that, but, I know you have something I don't, so I don't feel too bad. :)