Friday, May 15, 2009

Anyone know what this is?







I bought a vine, it was labeled Lotus. I think that's a mistake, it must have gotten the wrong tag. I looked up Lotus Vine, and that's not what it is. I found another one in the front yard. An old BIG one. I'd thought it was a clover plant, or a shamrock type thing and I left it when I mowed. It got big, as bushy as a peony shrub and now it's starting to fall. It's clearly a vine and is related to that thing I bought. Which has jewel tone dark red flowers. It's leaves are like a Sweet Pea, but, three leaves, instead of two. The flower is smaller than a Sweet Pea, but, similarly shaped, with intense color. I'm letting it vine up that old dress form. It's raining hard today, splashing everything. Whatever they are, I like them. I'm going to have to trellis that old one now, those fallen vines were a tough bitch to clean up last year. They must be hardy.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's hard to tell from the pix...i would go to where you bought the one...they'd be able to tell you...

Anonymous said...

don't know what it is either, need a better pic.

But if you know how to kill 'mile a minute' for godsake let me know.

Dirty Disher said...

What is mile a minute????

Dirty Disher said...

Oh, Devil's tail tearthumb (don't you love Google?)..we don't have a problem with that here. Where are you from? It's kinda pretty. It does look similar to the bindweed we have. Wild morining glory things, oh, they're hateful. I yank 'em and mow 'em and never get them all.