Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Propogating Sedum


Sedum is a favorite of mine. It's a foliage plant, succulent type, and it looks amazing with blooming things around it. Real gardeners years ago taught me to pinch off a start and root it in water. I pinched those off only a week ago and they are now rooted. I'll plant them today and hide them in the flowers, because they won't look great this year. Next year, each one will come up and make a beautiful FREE mound of gorgeous plant.
*
And if you have varigated Sedum, you have to pinch off the plain shoots that come out or your plant will revert to it's usual form. So, you might as well root them. Pretty stuff, huu? Legend has it, a house that has Sedum in the yard will never be struck by lightening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got some sedum in my yard...almost choked out by weeds! i cut the weeds back though...

mine blooms a reddish/fushcia color...

Disher said...

Oh, nice. I'll bet it's beautiful now. :)