Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The scheme of things...



My Mom interrupted my gossip blogging this morning claiming I had to take her dog to the vet. The dog, Evie is sick. I was mildly irritated because I was sick yesterday and got nothing done and today is now sucking as well. Then I got real and said to myself, in the scheme of things in my life, what is more important? Gossip blogging or an old blind dog? The answer was easy..Evie. She's my Mother's constant companion. We've always had dogs, I can't remember a time when we didn't have dogs. The whole yard is marked with the graves of old dogs, much loved, each one special. The vet gave Evie some antibiotics and hopefully she'll get better and my irritation has passed. My Mother loves that dog. She's really good with dogs. She can house train any pup in two weeks with nary a hint of scolding or meanness. I don't know how she does it, it's her gift. I wonder if I'll get to blog tomorrow? I have to work, but, not until 1 pm. Oh, well, get well, Evie, you old blind pisser. I had some admiration for the three pound wonder when she tried to bite them all and they had to muzzle her. Snort.

7 comments:

Coyote said...

My best wishes for Evie to recover. My two dogs have been more comfort to me than anything I can think of.

I like them better than most people, as a matter of fact. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more Coyote. I have more, well everything, with my dogs then with people, fun, exercise, companionship & unconditional acceptance & love, even laughter. And dogs don't turn on your ass for no reason, if they do you probably deserved the bite or to have your boots pissed on.

Hope Evie responds well to the medication and gets better real soon. You mother must be really worried about her. Good wishes & warm thoughts for both of them sent your way.

gardenhoe said...

Aww, thanks. That dog is a great comfort to her.

Anonymous said...

i hope Evie is feeling better very soon!

Coyote said...

Anon

You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!"...
Dave Barry

My kids tell me they think I love my two fur kids better than them. I tell them not to press me for an answer. (chuckle)

CaseyJ. said...

I love that pic of grandma and Evie.

gardenhoe said...

Evie is still not eating well, but, she seems better.