Thursday, May 21, 2009

Snakes in the Buddleia


Mom bought me a butterfly bush. I don't care for butterfly bushes. It's red. I don't care for red flowers. I also don't care about butterflys, they are just bugs with wings. So I planted it where she can enjoy it. There's a big slab of cement there, I have no idea what it is. I know it's too big to move without machinery, so I put a bird bath on top. Still ugly, but, now it has a function. Snakes like it because it's always wet from the bird bath.
*
I took this snake's picture and then I found the other snake hiding in the photo. My Aunt Ruth was out there and she said we don't have snakes. Our neighbor Cher might have snakes because she has a wood pile. But, we don't. I saw two snakes behind my aunt as she was saying that. Well, whatever makes you comfortable, I guess. I need to get some of those spill catchers for potted plants and make snake and toad baths. They do their job, they deserve a bath.

No comments: