Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mom's porch

I won't bore you with more stories about how bad it was or how many truckloads of heavy junk I hauled off. I call this construction a Depression Porch and my Mother favors it for reasons I will never understand. This one, she was allowed to keep. The roof is made of the cheap material choice of the week..green fiberglass. Which gives the light there a dream like quality. Her house is a long rambling affiar with lots of weird rooms at every turn. It's still a dump, but, now it's a normal cozy dump and she's so happy. I have to paint the poles for her. The house painter skipped them because he was spraying and the end poles have Clematis blooming. Maybe Lissa would like to help. She's a good painter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you take a closer pix of the green fiberglass? that intriques me!

gardenhoe said...

Sure.

Anonymous said...

Love that picture i've saved it. Do you have a larger copy you could link?

gardenhoe said...

I put it in PhotoBucket..here.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/DirtyDisher/

I hope that gets ya there. If it doesn't, email me. I thought you were kidding me..lol. Sill think you might be.

Anonymous said...

Nope wasn't kidding you at all. Love the picture & did save it. The photobucket link only takes me to the main log in page though.

CaseyJ. said...

Holy Crap that looks beautiful, inviting even.

Coyote said...

D and everyone,

Here's a great little site so you can convert long URLs into tiny ones that don't break--clickable. I have it saved on my bookmark bar so it's available all the time.
I can't tell you how handy it is.

http://tinyurl.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks C

gardenhoe said...

Just write flying_buttress@hotmail.com and I'll send it. Yeah, Casey J! Can you believe grandma painted the house?? Gowd, it was so ugly for decades.