Monday, May 25, 2009

Growing.....stuff




Little row of Sweet Corn mixed with Sunflowers for a garden backing. I have two more bigger patches of corn. I just needed background for my scarecrow, which I will show you soon. I'm just using junk I find around here...except for the clothes. There's one of my homemade bird baths. Kind of a dumb place for it, huu? That's okay, I planted lettuce for the rabbits. I figured they might leave my stuff alone if I did that. I'll let you know how that works out.
*

Onions, Turnips, Cabbage. I had to mark the Turnips, they look just like Radishes right now. I don't like them that much, but, my Mom loves them. She doesn't know I planted them for her.
*
Cabbage is good, but, cheap. There's no real reason to grow your own except it's such a beautiful plant. I think it would look good in a flower bed. Don't tell me you hate Cabbage, without it there'd be no cole slaw. Yum. I like to eat it raw, like potato chips. With Tomato Juice for dip. I always have some in the fridge. Is that weird? That stuff above the Cabbage is Spinach. First time growing it. It looked just like grass..wtf? Now it's getting real leaves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg...know what I love with every fiber of my being??? Boiled cabbage. Mmmm...with butter, salt & pepper! I have an awesome recipe for a funky coleslaw made with ramen noodles that I am mad for too!! Don't anybody be hatin' on cabbabe here.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...meant cabbage!

Anonymous said...

i like cabbage raw too!

Unknown said...

People tell me I'm weird because I won't eat RAW veggies. None, zip, zero, zilch! But I will eat most of them cooked. Onions and peppers the big exclusions. :-)

Love boiled cabbage with vinegar.

gardenhoe said...

I like boiled cabbage too, with butter and salt and pepper. But, it really stinks up your house.