Friday, June 5, 2009

Moon garden..everything looks better by night


I managed to pry my way out of here last night, and sit in the garden alone. Everything is better here at night because I am the only one who is nocturnal. I bought this cool little solar lite yesterday, it was the only thing I had room for in the overstuffed car. I like it and I think I'll get a few more. It was really cheap. I have to remember to pick up some Citronella candles, the bugs were out too.
*
It's 9 am here and no one's bothered me yet. I think they're smart enough to know when they push me to the brink of my sanity. Then, of course, the whole family will discuss my "episode." No one really knows what THEY do and I refuse to tell anyone but you guys. None of the fuckers have computers so they'll never know what I say about them here. My daughter knows they're nuts. My son did too. The problem is, THEY don't know they're nuts. I guess if you ARE nuts, you just don't know it. I always claim to be crazy..which probably means I'm not.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your night photos they are soo beautiful and everything casts a beautiful glow! It's nice having someone who appreciates the night like I do! I have 3 young kids, they're just as crazy as your old people LOL and nightime is the best time to just sit alone outside

Anonymous said...

Looks like something out of a Disney movie! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What plants did you use in your Tipsy Pots?

Grace

gardenhoe said...

In the tipsy pots I used two varieties of sweet potatoes, they're pretty and vine really nice. I also used blue and pink ageretum, blue lobelia, dusty millers, and some leftover purple petunias.

gardenhoe said...

Oh, and in the top pot an asperagus fern. I love the way those things look at the end of Summer.

Anonymous said...

Your night photos look really pretty.

And I agree with you on crazy people who don't know they are crazy. My in-laws have no clue.

gardenhoe said...

How crazy are your inlaws?

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...Crazy enough to make me suicidal and want to rip my own nails out with my teeth. (I would tell you exactly but you know everyone doesn't have to know. Until I write a book!)

crystal said...

what a nice picture. There is something more tranquille sitting outside by yourself with no one else around - I love to do that on my deck.

Suggestion - those citronelle candles are great, but for mosquitoe's - if you get them there - use the green coils they buy for camping - They last quite a LONG time, they smell like your camping and they do help with the bugs - give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I love the tipsy pots too! Wonderful inspiration

Maureen said...

Once I saw a plant growing in an empty lot. I kept my eye on it because it just didn't look like a weed. One night when I was walking my dogs, lo and behold, I saw a huge, white and luminous flower on the plant. I was awestruck it was so beautiful!
I knew I had to have this plant. The next day when I went to dig it up,the flower was shriveled but there were more buds. I dug it up, brought it home and potted it. Sure enough it bloomed again that night with three flowers. On and on it bloomed all summer but only at night.
It is called a Moonflower and it is gorgeous! It has come back every Spring and blossomed every summer night for four years!
Does anyone else have one of these?

gardenhoe said...

I have Moonflowers coming on. I love them too. There is nothing like them. I'll do a post.

Crys, thanks. I will buy the green coils.